La Garata

When I joined this project, application was complete but previous developer had left the project with a lot bugs and performance issues. App was crashing due to out of memory issues and was slow. Goal was to fix all this and improve the overall experience of the app.

I started by going through the crash reports received through the crash reporting service and fixing them one by one. Then I replaced the latest Okhttp client instead of the legacy Apache client to improve all network related tasks.

I used Facebook’s Fresco library for image loading, removed any unnecessary A-Sync tasks, fixed any obvious mistakes that might cause memory issues and then used Leak canary to find and fix any memory leaks.

The result was a faster and improved app which worked even on low end devices.

a4dbd658-36f8-41a4-ae7f-63e0e1e6420d